1. To make an assessment of current (and expected) data availability, tools and methodologies relevant to a regional scale analysis, and make recommendations (a) on their practical application, and (b) priorities for further development.
2. To assist OSPAR parties, through the working group on Environmental Impact of Human Activities (EIHA), in appraising the feasibility of strategic options for regional scale socio-economic analysis in line with the requirements of the MSFD.
3. On the basis of guidance from OSPAR parties, to develop a detailed specification for a regional scale economic and social analysis that would contribute to the MSFD initial assessment, as well as supporting the medium to longer term requirements of the Directive for economic and social analysis.
4. To help OSPAR parties identify potential financial mechanisms for implementation of a regional analysis.
Key Customer Purpose:
1. To undertsand the requirements of the EU's Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) for economic and social assessment;
2. To undertake a feasibility study of options for a regional economic and social analysis in the OSPAR Maritime Areaa, including: (a) short erm deliverables for regional economic and social analysis in the light of the requirement for the MSFD initial assessment (July 2012); (b) medium and longer term deliverables for regional economic and social analysis with a view to faciliting the coherence and coordination of national programmes of measures (required by 2015);
3. To identify potential funding opportunites for a regional analysis for the OSPAR Maritime Area'
4. To deliver a detailed specificatoin for a regional scale economic and social analysis, based on the preferred option.